SDK GROUP T/A EDINBURGH BANNERS
January 2020 Version 1.1
This policy applies to all activities undertaken by SDK Group Limited and impacts upon suppliers and customers.
SDK Group Limited recognises the importance of environmental protection and will comply with all environmental legislation, regulations and appropriate codes of practice relating to the processes and activities of the company. It is the declared policy of Edinburgh Banners to carry out all reasonably practicable measures to continually improve its environmental performance.
Wherever possible, the company aims to:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns into all the company’s decision making and activities;
- regularly review the environmental impact of our activities, endeavour to reduce our overall environmental impact and remain zero-waste using best practice techniques;
- involve employees in our environmental programme and provide necessary training to enable them to discharge their responsibilities;
- sustain a programme of continual improvement in environmental performance through suitable measurement and monitoring mechanisms;
- work with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practice and privode information for customers about recycling and minimising waste;
- improve resource efficiency (including our use of water, energy and raw materials)
- reduce and/or limit the discharge of pollutants to water, land and air;
- use recyclable and renewable materials in place of virgin products where possible;
- limit the noise in and around the site; and
- minimise the risk to employees and members of the public from processes and activities associated with the company.
The company will foster environmental awareness and understanding in all employees, suppliers, customers, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
The company also enrols in two separate zero carbon initiatives created by the FSC and World Land Trust. Every purchase the company makes towards media is offset through these initiatives, and all customers are asked to take part. All contributions made towards these initiatives when purchasing materials from the company go directly back into our sustainability fund to enrol in more initiatives and help reduce our carbon impact.
Where practicable, the company will provide information and assistance to customers on environmental issues arising from its products and services.
This policy is available to the public at www.edinburghbanners.co.uk